Did you know that an attorney can be very helpful when you have a workers compensation claim? Indeed, many complications could arise and you are feeling uncertain and at a loss when trying to get the benefit that you deserve. The following will highlight some reasons to hire an experienced workers compensation attorney:
- You have been injured on the job recently;
- You might not be able to return to normal duties in a reasonable time;
- You have lost certain bodily functions because of an accident;
- Your employer refuses to release your compensation money and you need financial assistance to get proper medical treatment or surgery;
- The insurance company denies your workers’ compensation claim;
- The insurance company or your employer is forcing you to resume normal work activities in violation of the medical restrictions that the
- doctor assigned to your workers’ compensation case;
- You need to know your legal rights;
- You want to get all the benefits that you deserve and maximize the value of your case;
Now that you know some of the reasons why you would hire an attorney, you need to understand what he/she can do for you.
An experienced workers compensation attorney can help you to get the right benefits. You will get legal advice on your present situation as well as for foreseeable complications that might arise from this conflict.
Your attorney can also represent and counsel you in a settlement meeting before any court hearing. Most companies or employers prefer to settle instead of allowing the case to get dragged out in the courts for months. The attorney will work to negotiate all the terms of the workers compensation settlement by perusing all the offers thoroughly and then discussing them extensively to ensure that you understand the consequences of the terms and conditions. You will be guided to make the best decision.
If you are not able to return to the job because of a disability that stems from the incident, your attorney will advise you to seek benefits through the government’s Social Security Program.
In addition to the above, your workers compensation attorney will dispute any decision made by the employer, employer’s insurance company, or even the state in charge of any claims which might not be in your best interest. There are many laws which are beneficial for workers and the legal representatives must be privy to them in order to uphold their client’s claim in cases and get the deserved benefits.
Last but not least, the attorney can explain all the legal implications and jargon that is associated with most of the files and documents in workers compensation cases. There are instances when a case arises because of a simple misunderstanding and may not be necessary.
Hopefully, the information above will help you to understand some of the reasons to hire an experienced workers compensation attorney.